Spektrum AirWare™ Software. Remarkably Easy to Use.
The powerful Spektrum AirWare software in the DX8 was developed exclusively by a team of RC experts from the ground up. It s every programming function an expert pilot could want, but you don''t have to be an expert to use it. The intuitive Simple Scroll™ interface lets you "roll and click" your way between menus with ease. And all the information is presented in crisp, clear detail on a big, backlit LCD screen.
- 9 wing types: Normal, Dual Aileron, Flaperon, 1 Aileron + 1 Flap, 1 Aileron + 2 Flap, 2 Aileron + 1 Flap, 2 Aileron + 2 Flap, Elevon, Elevon-B
- 5 tail types: Normal, V-Tail, Dual Elevator + 1 Rudder, Dual Rudder + 1 Elevator, Dual Rudder + Dual Elevator
- 3-position flap with elevator compensation
- Adjustable flap speed
- Programmable aileron differential/li>
- 5-point graphic throttle curve
- Aileron rudder mixes
- Elevator/flap mixes
- 6 programmable mixes
- Governor programming
- Active governor trim
- Active gyro trim
- 5-point graphic throttle and pitch curves
- Swashplate timing
- 6 swashplate types: 1 Servo Normal, 2 Servos 180°, 3 Servos 90°, 3 Servos 120°, 3 Servos 135°, 3 Servos 140°
- Electronic E-ring
- 4 flight modes
- 4 wing types: 1 Aileron, 2 Aileron, 2 Aileron + 1 Flap, 2 Aileron + 2 Flap
- 3 tail types: Normal, V-Tail A, V-Tail B
- Motor control assignment
- Camber system
- Camber presets
- Flap-to-elevator curve mix
- Aileron-to-flap mix
- Aileron-to-rudder mix
- Elevator-to-flap mix
- 2 free programmable mixes
- Independent aileron trim per flight mode
Built-In Telemetry. Fly Smarter with Vital Model Feedback.
The DX8''s built-in telemetry feature gives you vital, real-time information about what''s happening with your model in flight; information that can prevent crashes and maximize performance. The telemetry data appears in an easy-to-read format on the large backlit LCD screen so you can reference it at a glance. You can also have the DX8 alert you with an audio or vibe alarm whenever any telemetry values exceed limits you define. The DX8 will initially be able to track four key safety and performance factors:
Never again will you have to wonder whether or not you have enough voltage to keep flying. Being able to monitor voltage will also help you detect a worn out battery pack before it prematurely ends your flight. The telemetry module is plugged into the receiver and will automatically relay receiver voltage. A separate sensor for tracking main battery voltage in electric aircraft will be d.
Is there enough airflow reaching an electric motor? Is my battery getting too hot? With the DX8, you will get real-time answers and be able to take action well before damage occurs. One temperature sensor is d.
The telemetry module will keep tabs on the quality of the signal coming to the receiver and send this information back to the DX8 it is represented on the LCD screen using a familiar "signal bar" scale.
Pilots can use the RPM telemetry data to check the effectiveness of new mixture settings, new battery packs, or perhaps a new propeller/motor combination. The RPM sensor is sold separately.
*Telemetry module and sensors sold separately
Spektrum Data Interface. Share. Expand. Save.
Beyond new software and telemetry, the DX8 is also the first Spektrum radio to introduce the Spektrum Data Interface™. The SDI is designed for use with standard SD memory cards* and adds a whole new level of flexibility and ease-of-use. With the SDI, you will be able to:
Share Model Setups
Share setups with other DX8 owners at the field or transfer them from your SD card to your PC and attach them to an e-mail. This makes it easy to gain from the experience of others or help others succeed.
Save More Models to Memory
The DX8 has enough on-board memory for up to 30 models before you even need to think about using the SDI. But with the SDI, memory for thousands of models could be stored on the SD card or transferred to a PC hard drive for backup.
Stay Up to Date
With the Spektrum Data Interface, you won''t have to send your DX8 into a service center to get the latest Spektrum AirWare enhancements. You can download them onto your SD card and upload them to the DX8 yourself.
* SD memory card sold seperately
Superior Ergonomics. Made to Fit the Way You Fly.
The DX8''s weight distribution and ergonomics have been optimized to fit the way you fly. The result is a sense of balance and comfort that perfectly complements the speed and precision of DSM2 technology. Some of the more notable features :
- Comfortable, no-slip rubber grips
- Adjustable stick length and tension
- Smooth, quad-bearing gimbals
- User-adjustable mode configurations (1, 2, 3 or 4)
- User-assigned switch functions
- Easy-to-read backlit screen
- Intuitive SimpleScroll programming interface
- Transmitter Only, does not d receiver, servos, or telemetry module.
- High-speed 11ms frame rate with 2048 resolution
- 30-model internal memory
- Large 128 x 64 backlit screen
- Includes 2000mAh lithium ion battery
- Includes global 12V charger with adapters for international use
- Includes Spektrum™ neckstrap
- 4 user-selectable control modes (modes 1, 2, 3 and 4)
- Spektrum Data Interface for expanded model memory, model sharing and firmware updates
- Exclusive Spektrum AirWare™ software
- SimpleScroll™ programming interface for easy menu navigation
- Electronic E-ring electronically prevents overdriving the cyclic servos
- 5-point graphic tail curve
- 5-point graphic throttle and pitch curve
- Active gain and governor trim allows in-flight adjustment
- Swashplate timing
- Telemetry alerts (vibe and audible)
- 6 swashplate types
- 3-position flap switch with flap delay and elevator compensation programming
- 8 wing types and 5 tail types
- Language (English, Italian, French, Spanish or German)
- User-assigned switch function
- Programmable throttle cut
- Refined ergonomics with no-slip comfort grips
- Programmable timer with throttle timer startup
- Quad bearing gimbals
- # of Channels:
- Programming Features:
- Airplane and heli
- Model Memory:
- 1, 2, 3 or 4
The DX8 transmitter is the most advanced 8-channel system you will find anywhere. Its next-generation Spektrum™ AirWare™ software, built-in telemetry (telemetry module sold separately), Spektrum Data Interface and superior ergonomics will completely revolutionize how you fly. And it’s the only 8-channel that gives you these advanced capabilities, plus the proven speed and precision of Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® control.
Spektrum AirWare™ Software
Spektrum AirWare software was developed exclusively by the Spektrum brand from the ground up. It has all the programming functions an expert airplane or heli pilot could want, but you don’t have to be an expert to use them.
The built-in telemetry feature on the DX8 transmitter gives you the ability to receive real-time information on things your model’s battery voltage, signal quality, engine or motor temperature and more. And it will all appear right on the big, backlit DX8 display so you can see it at a glance. (Telemetry module d, not d)
The weight distribution and ergonomics of the DX8 transmitter provide a sense of balance and comfort that perfectly complements the speed and precision of its DSMX® technology. You really do have to feel it to believe it. Some of the more impressive ergonomic features are those usually only available on much more expensive transmitters.
Spektrum Data Interface
With the Spektrum Data Interface you can use a standard SD card (SD card not d) to share model setups with other DX8 owners, store extra model memory and stay up to date with the latest software releases.
The DX8 transmitter features ModelMatch™ technology that prevents operating a model using the wrong model memory. This feature can prevent stripped servo gears, broken linkages and even a crash due to attempting to operate a model using the wrong memory.
The DX8 transmitter is not compatible with the Spektrum AR6000/BR6000 receiver.
Always purchase products from a Horizon Hobby, Inc. authorized dealer to ensure authentic high-quality Spektrum product. Horizon Hobby, Inc. disclaims all support and warranty with regards, but not limited to, compatibility and performance of counterfeit products or products claiming compatibility with DSM2®, DSMX or Spektrum products.
Attention: Horizon Hobby has confirmed that all Spektrum Products being sold by KoKo Technology are counterfeit. We consider it a danger to use these products, waive all liability and will not support any warranty or service in regards to them.
This product is not intended for use by children under 14 years of age without direct adult supervision.